Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anticipation

After finally making the decision to book this trip, I am enjoying these days leading to March 8. I've got some lists going, appointments made, and bills pre-paid. All of this preparation eases my mind... to me, organization = peace.

In many ways this trip is liberating for me. I have often talked about wanting to travel internationally; it's made my New Year's Resolutions lists for as far back as I can remember. See the sidebar about the irony of commitment.

I trust that giving myself permission to take this journey now is a good move, despite the current state of the economy. If the economy was running on all cylinders, I couldn't, wouldn't commit to this for fear I'd lose career and money-making traction. Could there be this silver lining to the recession cloud? In other words... if not now, when?

1 comment:

  1. hi Diane, looking forward to following your journey of discovery, good luck and peace.

    ReplyDelete