Friday, March 27, 2009

The Half-Way Point

So today marks my seventh day with Widya in his batik studio. I'd rather be there then anywhere... time flies when I'm working with the melted bees wax, sipping Bali coffee and singing really bad songs on local radio (80's covers and syrupy Indonesian love songs). I truly enjoy creating this art and being in Widya's family. This Bali wouldn't be for everyone, but it's amazig for me!

I'm more than half way through my trip -- unbelievable. I feel like I just got here. My internet access is spotty, so I'm not sure when I'll be posting again. Thank you to everyone who has sent emails, commented on my posts and written on my Facebook page. I miss you all and really like hearing from you, a half a world away.

Love, Diane.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've settled in to your journey. Just imagine, weeks ago you weren't sure this was the right thing to do. Look at you now! I can't wait to see the art you've created.

    Pugs are well here in Denver. I hope you've gotten the recent pic!

    ReplyDelete