Monday, March 16, 2009

Photos - Week 1

The following photos have been posted in reverse order... the last few are from the Tjampuhan Hotel, where I stayed at the first three nights in Ubud. The Tjampuhan Hotel is the oldest hotel in Ubud (built in 1928), and the location of the Walter Spies house. The first several photos were taken at the Monkey Forest where I went on day two, with my cousin Murray and her (and now my) friends Lori and Mark from California.


Sarongs are required to enter temple grounds.


I'm continually awed by the carvings here. Everywhere you turn.. there's artistic detail, a respect for ceremony and tradition, and a prioritization of beauty and creativity.


At a temple within the Monkey Forest: PLEASE DO NOT STEP UP TO THESE.


They don't call it Monkey Forest for nothin'. You don't bring food in, you don't wear anything shiney -- or a monkey will climb you looking for a snack.


In the Monkey Forest, lovin' the zoom lens and auto-focus feature of the Olympus.


On the rail of my patio, a guest.


Facing the door of Pura 2, outside.


Welcome Home: Tjampuhan Hotel, Pura 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment